Application & Enrolment
Applications are now open for the September 2022 intake of our BSc(Hons) Nutrition & Lifestyle Medicine programme. See How to Apply below and book your interview with us now.
If you do not have a background in science, you may be interested in our Online Taster Science Course, which will give you an insight into some of the science modules on the BSc.
We welcome applications from everyone. We know that relevant experience, whether from work, voluntary activities, or independent study, is just as valuable as qualifications. If you wish to discuss your suitability for the course, please complete our Enquiry Form to request an informal chat with a member of our team.
Our Admissions Policy is in accordance with the University of Northampton’s Admissions, Equality and Diversity policies and we seek to recruit students from diverse educational and social backgrounds.
University Enrolment Requirements
How to Apply
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org via email:
- Electronically completed and signed Application Form.
- Electronically completed Personal Statement Form in support of your application (using the template provided).
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Electronically completed and signed Fitness to Practice and Personal Declaration Form.
- A copy of your passport or other formal photo identification. Identity will be verified at interview.
- A copy of all relevant qualifications. For international qualifications, a ENIC Statement of Comparability is also required.
- For Special Admissions (those who do not meet the entry criteria): an academic or professional reference on an official letterhead.
- Applications are pre-screened by BCNH before being reviewed by the University of Northampton.
- If we feel you may be suitable for the course based on the information provided on the Application Form and accompanying documents, we will invite you for an interview (to be carried out by video-conferencing).
- The interview will give you an opportunity to ask any further questions and will enable us to confirm your understanding / expectations of the course.
- If you are then deemed by BCNH to be suitable for the course, we will submit your application to the University of Northampton.
- If your application is successful, you will receive an offer of a place on the course. You must ensure you meet the conditions of your offer (where relevant) and return any forms / information requested.
International students must provide evidence that their qualifications are equivalent to the entry requirements.
If you hold international qualifications, you can check to see how your qualifications compare to UK qualifications by submitting them to ENIC. ENIC will provide you with a Statement of Comparability which must be provided with your application.
Practising internationally will depend on having Professional Indemnity Insurance that covers you for practice in the UK irrespective of location. Practice may also be subject to country-specific legal restrictions.
The course is a part-time course, designed to fit around work and family commitments. As such, we welcome applications from mature students (aged 21+) who may not hold the above qualifications but possess relevant work / life experience.
Applications will be considered on an individual basis and will take account of current commitments and motivation to study.
We Look Forward To Hearing From You!
Alternatively, you can call our friendly admin team for further information or an informal chat.