Application & Enrolment
Our admissions policy is in accordance with the University of Northampton’s Admissions; and Equality and Diversity policies and seeks to recruit students from diverse educational and social backgrounds who have the ability to benefit from and motivation to complete the course.
We welcome applications from everyone. We know that relevant experience is just as valuable as qualifications. Whether experience is from your work, voluntary activities or independent study, we still want to hear from you.
If you wish to discuss your suitability for the course, please complete our Enquiry Form to request an informal chat with a member of our team.
International students may apply, but practising internationally will depend on having Professional Indemnity Insurance that covers for practice in the UK irrespective of location. Practice may also be subject to country specific legal restrictions.
Holders of overseas qualifications must provide evidence that their qualifications are equivalent to the A Levels and GCSE described above.
If you hold international qualifications, you can check to see how your qualifications compare to UK qualifications by submitting them to ENIC. ENIC will provide you with a Statement of Comparability which must be provided with your application.
How to Apply
Applications for the BSc (Hons) Nutrition & Lifestyle Medicine are open and we are now processing applications for September 2021.
To apply please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Electronically completed and signed Application Form.
- Electronically completed Personal Statement form in support of your application (using the template provided).
- A curriculum vitae (CV)
- Electronically completed and signed Fitness to Practice and Personal Declaration Form.
- A copy of your passport or other formal photo identification. Identity will be verified at interview.
- A copy of all relevant qualifications. For international qualifications, a ENIC Statement of Comparability is also required. (Please note, copies of qualifications may be provided after interview, subject to prior agreement with the college.)
- For Special Admissions (those who do not meet entry criteria): an official statement from a referee (e.g. academic or employer) in support of your application, on an official letterhead.
- Applications are pre-screened by BCNH before being reviewed by the University of Northampton.
- If we feel you may be suitable for the course based on the information provided on the Application Form and accompanying documents, we will invite you for an interview (to be carried out by video-conferencing).
- The interview will give you an opportunity to ask any further questions and will enable us to confirm your understanding / expectations of the course.
- If you are then deemed by BCNH to be suitable for the course, we will submit your application to the University of Northampton.
- If your application is successful, you will receive an offer of a place on the course. You must ensure you meet the conditions of your offer (where relevant) and return any forms / information requested.
The course is a part-time course, designed to fit around work and family commitments. As such, we welcome applications from mature students (aged 21+) who may not hold the above qualifications but possess relevant work / life experience.
Applications will be considered on an individual basis and will take account of current commitments and motivation to study.
We Look Forward To Hearing From You!
Alternatively, you can call our friendly admin team for further information or an informal chat.